Saturday, September 8, 2012

Last Week! (in the MTC!)


September 1, 2012

First off, Happy Birthday Mom!!  How awesome is it that I had the chance to write you on your birthday!!  I hope you have the best birthday ever, and that you have so much fun!  I heard that you are going to have a BBQ at our house for it, so that should be a lot of fun!  I´m bummed that I have to miss it, but know that I am always there with you guys in Spirit!  

This week has been pretty uneventful.  The only really big thing that we did is we went proselyting again!  It was way fun this time!  I´m not going to lie, I was a little frustrated last time, because I didn´t understand what the people were saying most of the time.  But this time went a lot better.  It is amazing what a difference three weeks makes in helping me learn the language.  It would have been just me and Elder Welker, but he got really sick that morning, so I went with another two American elders, and we went as a threesome.  To me, it was really good, because I felt like I could control the pace of the conversation.  When we had a Latino companion with us, he would talk really fast, and the investigator would talk really fast, because they knew that the Latino would understand.  But when it was just us Gringos, it felt like they had a little bit of mercy on us and talked a little slower.  Plus, we gave away two BoMs to people who were really interested.  We gave a lot of pamphlets away, and got a lot of people’s info, but these two that we gave the BoMs to were so interested in what we had to say!  It felt so nice to share what I know with these people, actual real people, because we have just been practicing with our teachers.  It is a little sad that we wont get to continue talking to these people.  Especially because the two that we talked to, they both said that we could return in a couple days and talk about their experience!  It was such a great experience!  And it is so amazing to me that I was able to do this all in Spanish pretty well!  I know that I couldn´t do it without some help from the Lord, well, a lot of help!  But I can´t thank him enough for giving me that opportunity to share the gospel with these people.  So we got their contact information and gave it to the MTC here, and they will contact missionaries in that area and have them visit them again.  But it was such a great experience, something that I really needed to have, because it just got me really ready to go out into the field!  

Speaking of which, we only have 3 more days here, and then I will be out in the real world!  That is so crazy to think about, but I am so excited!  I’m not gonna lie, I am a little nervous, but that is to be expected.  I’m sure it will all go away once I get there and get to work!  I can’t wait to get there and actually start my mission for real, because I know it is going to be some of the best years of my life!  

We have been preparing for it this week, especially yesterday, where all we did is have in field orientation.  They told us a lot about what to expect and do while we are out in the field.  I can´t say it enough how excited I am to get out there!  I feel like I really am prepared to get out there, not perfectly of course, but I feel like I could hold my own out there!  Of course I have been studying the language, but that really is a secondary thing behind the gospel.  I finished Jesus the Christ this week, and I can´t even explain how much I have learned from it.  I feel so much closer to my savior now than I ever have before in my life!  I love having his constant spirit with me at all times, and whenever I get frustrated or discouraged, I know that I can always turn to him and he will make everything feel that much better!  I LOVE THIS WORK!  I just can’t say it enough.  And I know that I am going to love it so much more once I actually get into the field!  

So we leave on Tuesday, September 11, exactly two months after I entered the MTC.  It is so crazy to think that I am already 1/12 of the way done with this.  Kind of puts it into perspective.  But I know that I am going to make the rest of the time I have here count with all my heart, and I am going to regret nothing!!  

It sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun back home, with work, school starting, Jace, and such.  I hope that you guys continue to have as much fun and enjoy life as much as you can, because I know for sure that I am!  I´m sorry mom, I don´t have the address here, because I would have to run all the way down to my class to get it, but I will find a way to get it to you!  It is crazy to think that the next time that I write you guys, I´ll be out in the field!  Crazy, but I´m ready to go into it full force!  

Until next time!  I love you all, and happy birthday again Mom!!!!!!      

Elder Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment