Sunday, January 5, 2014

Feliz Navidad!

    Hello Family!  Feliz Navidad!  Espero que se encuentren bien.  Ha.  Don´t you all love it when I write in Spanish?  It´s just to change up me emails here and there.  I need some different ways to start these off.  So there you go.

     Well, it´s Christmas!  I´m so stoked!  My second Christmas away from home.  That´s really weird to think that a year ago I was all the way back in Momos.  But time flies by so fast, you have to take advantage of it.  Especially in this Christmas season.  This is a really good time to sit down and just think about life.  It´s been a great life for me so far, that´s all I can say!  And I love being able to help these people out have Christ more in their life!

     As far as investigators go, we are still focusing on Wosvelí.  The thing is that he isn´t divorced from his "ex-wife," and isn´t married with his current "wife."  Go figure, right?  Welcome to Guatemala.  (Guys, don´t ever break the law of Chastity.  Along with screwing up your salvation, it messes with missionaries.  Do it for the good of them.)  So he´s set on his desire and the doctrine, we just need to get him divorced and married.  So much fun.  But we are hoping the process goes by quick.

      We also have Cruz and his daughter Sharon for the 11th of January.  (The end of my girl mission!  Woo hoo!)  They got hit hard this week with the death of their mom/grandma, so we haven´t seen them for a couple of days.  But they are still really positive, and want to join the church.

     That last part, when we figured out the lady had died, really made me appreciate the knowledge I have of the Plan of Salvation.  There are people all throughout the world that believe there is no hope after death that we can be with our family again.  But we can!  I was thinking about it, and I am so grateful to be a missionary to be able to help people understand the meaning of this life and the life to come.

     This Christmas is going to be so sick!  Since tomorrow, the 24th, is when everyone celebrates Christmas here, no one is going to want to receive us.  So we are going to go stuff our faces with a bunch of members, and just enjoy ourselves.  (We might also go Paintballing, but that´s not for sure yet...)  Also, I found the game Tetris Link in the MegaPaca, so we are going to play that in our down time!  And on Christmas day, we are going to go caroling for our ward and our investigators!  So stoked, I can´t even explain it.  Not to mention I´m going to open my package on Christmas morning!  I can´t wait to talk to you guys!  I´m so happy!

     But all in all, I´m just grateful to be part of Christ´s Kingdom here on the earth.  We really do know what the real meaning of Christmas is, celebrating our Savior´s birth.  Let us all be able to do that this Christmas.  Love you all!  Until Next Time!

     - Elder Stuart

     P.S. Luke 2

No comments:

Post a Comment