Sunday, March 9, 2014

Scriptures!

 Hello Family!  How are you all doing?  I hope that you all have had an amazing week.  Being out here on the mission really makes me learn how to appreciate every little moment that I have, so I´m hoping that you all are making the best of everything.  Life (the mission) goes by way to fast, and if we don´t take advantage of everything that comes at us, we will miss some amazing moments.  Romans 8:18

     On that note, I´ve been trying to find out the best way for me to finish up the mission strong.  And what I´ve realized is that there really is nothing special to do.  I just have to keep doing the things that I´ve always been doing, and the things that are expected of me.  I´ve seen way to many missionaries that waste their last couple of months, and I´m set on making sure that that doesn´t happen.  Alma 37:6-7

     We have been working a lot with Antonio this week.  Right now he is at the point where he just needs an answer about the BoM, and he´ll be baptized.  He´s coming to church off and on these weeks, and we like that a lot.  We just need to make sure that he´s feeling the spirit everytime he is with us.  If that goes as planned, he should be baptized the 15th of March.  We are just really focusing on making sure he always feels the Spirit.  John 15:26

     We found some guy this week named Jorge.  He´s the perfect example of someone who is just waiting for this Gospel.  We found him by stopping by a store because I wanted to talk to the lady there.  But she just blew us off as usual, but then Jorge came out to attend us.  Basically, he´s been looking for a church for a while, and when we taught him the Restoration, he ate it all up.  The thing is that he left town for a week, but this week, we´ll get back to teaching him.  Alma 16:16, D&C 123:12

     Also, this week we really focused on finding new people to teach.  We are really making sure that if people we are currently teaching don´t want to progress, we have something to fall on always.  And there are a lot of great moments that come from trying to find people to teach.  Everyone here is a child of our Heavenly Father, and they deserve to know the truth.  John 10:14

     As you can see, I´ve been trying to put references to every paragraph that I write.  I´m really happy of how much my scripture knowledge has grown in the mission, and I want it to keep growing.  It´s been a really humbling experience for me to realize how little I knew of the scriptures before the mission, so now I´ve made a goal to know them even more.  D&C 93:36

     That´s about it for this week you guys.  I hope that you all have another great week, and for those of you that are out in the field with me, love every minute that you have to be a misisonary.  There really is no other time like this.  Until next time!   

     - Elder Stuart

     P.S. If you aren´t full of scriptures by now, read Helaman 10:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment