Sunday, November 18, 2012

Crazy Week!

Hello Family!  Well, it is already this time again, it seems like these Monday´s come faster every week!  And as of yesterday, I have been four months out on my mission already!  It seems so crazy that four months have already passed!  That means that 1/6 of my mission has already come and gone!  Kind of puts it into perspective, doesn´t it?  But that just means that I have to work my butt off for the rest of it!  So here we go!

      This week was really crazy!  But I´m gonna start on Wednesday, because that was a really eventful day.  So Elder Maldonado and I had to travel to Momos for divisions.  I was going to split with our District Leader and take him up to Pancá for the baptismal interview that we had set up.  So we got to Momos Wednesday morning, and made the splits.  Elder Andrade (My district Leader) and I got in a car that was about to leave for Pancá.  While we were waiting, the car started to rock, which I didn´t think anything of it.  I just thought it was someone getting in or out of the car.  But then I looked at a building behind me, and metal poles on the top of it were shaking.  Everyone in the truck was saying that it was an Earthquake!  It went on for about 20 seconds, then stopped.  Nothing too bad happened in Momos where we were, but according to everything that we heard, it was pretty bad in San Marcos, where the Epicenter was.  So I was okay, but I definitely felt it. 

     We finally got to Pancá, and whenever we visited someone, the Earthquake was all everyone was talking about.  It was crazy to hear all about it.  Elder Andrade got a call from the AP´s, and they said that they definitely felt it in Xela.  But I guess I don´t know exactly.  Later in the day, we headed over to Antonio Pu Mejia´s house, where his neice, Victorina, was waiting for the baptismal interview.  Let me back up a little bit.  Last time that we visited them, Elder Maldonado said that we would cut the hair of some of the kids, because he has a hair cutter machine to do it.  Well you probably see the problem, that Elder Maldonado wasn´t going to be there.  So he told me to do it!  So while Elder Andrade was holding the interview with Victorina, I cut the hair of two of the boys there!  My first time, and it wasn´t to shabby!  Definitely not perfect though!  Haha but while I was cuting the hair, they turned on the news so we could hear more about the Earthquake.  It was crazy to see the destruction in San Marcos, and know that it isn´t that far away!  Crazy Stuff!

     The interview went all according to plan, and this Friday, we had a combined activity at the church!  First thing was the baptism of Victorina, which was absolutely amazing.  I still can´t believe how blessed I have been to have so many souls come to Christ already!  I hope that it continues!  Afterwards, the Relief Society held a welcoming party type thing for her, and all the Branch was invited!   It was so cool to see so many people in one chapel basically in the middle of nowhere, all together in Spirit.  It really made me appreciate the Gospel that much more in my life!

     So yeah, pretty eventful week!  Everything is good here, so you dont need to worry!  I´m continuing strong and doing the work of the Lord!  I love it here!  Thank you all for your support and care for me this week!  I love you all and will talk to you all next week!  Until Next Time!

     - Elder Stuart

 P.S.  I forgot to put the scripture in the weekly email, but here it is:  3 Nephi 13: 31-33. Also a Bonus!  1 Nephi 13: 37

from Jonny!

No comments:

Post a Comment