Monday, February 18, 2013

A Week to Remember

   Hello Family!  It´s monday, and you know what that means: email time!  I have been looking forward to this time, because this week was a really memorable one!  I saw some miracles pass by, I finally broke on a craving that I didn´t know that I had, and really, it was just a good week!

     So I´ll start with the coolest thing that passed by this week.  I´ll tell you about a little miracle that I experienced this week.  So we got back to our area after P-Day this week, and we saw our branch president talking to a man, so we went over to introduce ourselves.  Turns out the man was a less active member that hadn´t gone to church for a good 9 years, but now wants to return.  WHAT?  Just out of the blue, we didn´t even know him before!  And to add to it, his wife and six kids want to come too, and they haven´t been baptized, so we are going to work on that!  That goes to show that God is really a God of Miracles, and he never ceases to do his will!  It was so amazing to see it happen right before my eyes, so now we just need to act on it and make it happen!  I am so grateful that I was able to be part of it, and even more grateful that God trusts me enough to work on it!  

     I finally broke, I did it.  I did the unthinkable.  I bought a nice big jar of PEANUT BUTTER!  I saw it in Xela this week, and I just had the sudden urge to buy it... So I did!  Really, I didn´t even like peanut butter all that much before my mission, but what they all say came true, all missionaries will crave peanut butter at least once on the mission.  I bought some crackers to eat with it, and sat down on Saturday night, eating peanut butter and reading, and next thing I know all the crackers that I had bought were gone!  It was SO GOOD!  Who would´ve thought, right?

     Just a funny little thing that I noticed this week.  We are visiting 3 different men whose names are:  Manuel Lux Pu, Manuel Pu Lux, and Manuel Lux Uz.  Go figure..

     I have really been studying the Book of Mormon recently, like really studying it, and I have found so many things about the BoM that I probably wouldn´t have found if I was just reading it. For instance, one thing that really stuck out to me this week is something that I probably would have missed if I wasn´t thinking too much.   In Mormon 9:31, it says: Condemn me not because of mine imperfection, neither my father . . . but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been.  I thought a lot about this, and I realized that we shouldn´t let someone who says something bad about us ruin our testimony.  We should learn from it.

     Also, I taught preisthood this week, and there was a phrase that I really liked.  I talked about a phrase that talked about testimony, and how powerful it is.  And the most important thing about it is that "Lo sé por mi mismo."  Which roughly translates to "I know for myself."  It really is true though, because your testimony should be ingrained in your very being, and we can know for our own selves that it is ours. 

    So yeah, quite the week it was this week!  I hope all the good fortune continues!  And same to you guys!  Love you all!  Until Next Time!

     - Elder Stuart

     P.S. The scripture this week is going to be a little different.  I am going to write it in Quiche for you guys!  Have fun with it!  It is 3 Nephi 11: 39, and says:  Kastzij, Kastzij, quinbij chiwe chi are wa´ ri lok´alaj nu tijonem, y apachin ri cutac´aba´ rib puwi´ wa´, kas cutac´aba´ rib puwi´ ri nimalaj abäj wech, Y man cäch´ec taj rumal ri u k´ak´re xibalba.

No comments:

Post a Comment