Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Work is Moving Forward

Hello family! Here we are, once again, me telling you about life in Pancà and all that! I wonder what you guys have as a mental picture of where I am right now... I can`t wait for the time that I can actually describe you this place, and have you guys know what it is really like liviing here! It is still really weird to think that for about 4 1/2 months, I`ve lived in a place with little to no civilization, and I haven`t minded it at all! Guess that goes to show how much the mission can help a person grow, right? I just can`t wait until I will grow to be the man that I want to be!

So basically, things have been rough recently. It feels like I have plateaued. (Is that a word?) I was doing so good in the beginning, but now it feels like I`ve hit a wall, and I need to get running again. But with all the help and support from you guys, my leaders here, and the other missionaries, I have received a lot of good advice, and I am ready to put it into practice. I am looking at this not as a bad thing that is going on, but an opportunity given to me to help me grow not only as a missionary, but as a man also. So I am really thankful for this going on right now.

So to describe what is kind of going on, in Pancà, we have about 10-15 investigators, but not one is progressing. It really is nice to have so many people that aren`t members that we can go visit regularly, but they aren`t doing their part. Especially with coming to chruch. It really is hard, because on Sunday`s, it is market day here in Momos, so most people go to Momos Sunday mornings to buy stuff, and come back in the afternoon. That causes a problem for us, because our meetings are in the mornings. And it is really hard for us to tell people not to go and buy stuff for the week. So we have been trying to tell them that maybe they can go on Wednesday, where there is a smaller market day, so they can have time on Sunday. But they are so used to going on Sunday, that it is really hard for them to change. This really is a big thing for us, because if we can just get some people to come to church with us, they will be progressing, and we can move forward with them. There is only so much that we can do without them coming to church, so we are going to work really hard on that this week!

This week was our first week as a split Zone, because changes were this Tuesday. I haven`t really felt a difference, because I have been in Pancà all week, but we definitely have a lot less Elders here during the week, such as today. I really feel bad for the other Elders that went to San Bartolo, because that really isn`t a big city, and there isn`t much to do there! But we can see it all as the bigger picture, because if a Zone split, that means that there are more missionaries in the mission! So all in all, it really is a good thing!

Also, there are so many people that have received their calls recently! For instance, Mom, you sent me 37 names of people that I know personally.. That is incredible! Not to mention that I have received news on others from other people! The work of the Lord really is moving forward, and it feels like there is nothing that can stop it! I love hearing about all of it, and it makes me so happy to know that there are so many that are willing to share the gospel!

Hopefully there will be more for you guys next week, I really am praying and working hard to make things happen. So hopefully! Thank you all for helping me out, and I love each and every one of you! Until Next Time!

- Elder Stuart

P.S. The scripture is 1 Nephi 1:20. Tender mercies really are something else.

P.P.S. Sorry, no pictures this week, mainly because there aren`t any exciting pictures that I took this week. So next week look for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment