Sunday, July 7, 2013

A Great Week!

   Hello Family!  (And yes, all you guys on the mish are my family!)  I hope that you all had a great week this week!  

     This week, well, it started out a bit rough!  Haha we had our investigator Isabel, who`s baptismal date fell last week, talk to us again saying that she does in fact want to get baptized!  We were super stoked!  The only thing that she had to do is tell her husband, because he is sort of against us Mormons...  Well, bad news is the next day, she had changed her mind, because she was too afraid to talk to her husband.  It was a bit rough at first to know that someone isn`t going to get baptized soon because of that little reason, but that`s how life goes!  We are still going to keep in contact with her, but I don`t think that much will happen with her for a while.

     My companion and I set a goal for finding 10 new investigators this week, which is stretching a little bit for here in Chinique, where there aren`t that many people.  But we busted our butts, (can I say that as a missionary?  Meh, who cares!) and we reached it!  We found a lot of new people to teach this week, and we are going to be super busy these next weeks with all of them.  (Hopefully!)

     I felt like this week Elder Aguilar and I worked the hardest that we have as a companionship. And our hard work payed off!  This Sunday, we were sitting in Sacrament Meeting, a little sad because all of our investigators bailed on us (because it was "raining..."  What an excuse!)  As the meeting was about halfway done, we saw a family of four walk in that we didn`t really recognize.  They looked a little familiar to me, but not much.  Well, of course, after the meeting ended, I went over to talk to them.  And they totally recognized me!  They introduced themselves, and I realized that they were a family that I had contacted when I first came to Chinique!  I had given them a Restoration pamphlet, but they said that they didn`t really want much with us.  So we left it with them and left.  But whaddayaknow?  They ended up coming to church ON THEIR OWN about 4 months later!  So we are definitely going to hit that up.  

     Seriously, that was such a miracle that happened, but I really think that it was a result of our hard work this week.  Hark work pays off kids!

     So this week ended on a real Spiritual high, and I loved it!  It really made me appreciate the mission a ton, because I really am changing for the better!  I love this work, and it`s crazy to think that I`m almost halfway done!  What happened with my time?  But I`m loving every minute of it!

     I love you all so so much, thank you all for the support!  Keep up the work!  Until Next Time!

     - Elder Stuart

     P.S. Read D+C 79.  Amazing section for missionaries!

     P.P.S. America`s Birthday is this week!  Make it proud! 

No comments:

Post a Comment