Sunday, October 20, 2013

Chosen Ones

     Hello Family!  Wow, was it just me or did this week go by really fast?  Like, too fast.  I don´t like it when that happens, makes me feel like my mission is going to be over before I know it.  And that´s a scary thought.  Knowing that I just completed 15 months in the mission makes me wonder where the time has really gone!  So I just have to make the best of it!

     So we had some really cool things that happened this week, and some not so... but here we go!

     The theme that we had this week as a companionship comes from PMG, and also from Alma 16:16,  where it says the Lord is preparing chosen ones for us to find.  Sometimes, we find people that are receptive, but not as prepared as others are.  But I know that regardless of our talent of ability, as long as we try our best, we can succeed with the chosen ones that the Lord prepares for us.

     So, with that as our preface, we went out this week prayerfully looking for those chosen ones.  And we found some great people!  I´ll just tell you about a couple of them:  One guy we found let us teach the whole first lesson to him.  And at the end, we asked him a question that if we found out that our message was true, what would he do with that knowledge.  And he said, "I´d come join you guys and serve a mission."  Well, first you need to be baptized, but great!  Another lady we stopped to talk to on the street.  She was shucking (?) corn, so we stopped to help her.  The first thing she said was "Good, I was hoping you boys would stop to talk to me."  So yeah, the Lord really does work for us.  We just need to work with them so that they can progress!  

     Some sad news really quick, Carla´s son that was in the hospital passed away this week.  She´s really feeling it too.  We are just praying that, when she is ready, she will be able to accept the joy that comes from this Gospel.  Sad news, but good can come from anything.  So we have to be the source of the good.

     I had a way cool spiritual experience that I want to share with you guys.  We have always been looking for a man named Rolando, but he is almost never home.  His 15 year old nephew Carlos always tells us that, so we tell him always that we will pass by another day.  Yesterday the same thing happened, but I saw that Carlos was sad that we were going to leave again.  I felt the spirit really prompting me to just sit down with him and talk with him.  I never really thought about doing that before, because I just wanted to talk with his uncle.  But I listened, and I´m glad I did.  We sat down on the curb, and had one of the best lessons I´ve ever had on the mission.  Wow was that guy prepared for that lesson.  It really was special, becuase afterwards, I just would think about it and just think, "Wow."  Spiritual impressions are very powerful, but only if we act on them.

     Not gonna lie, it´s been kind of rough having people attend church with us.  But thinking about it, maybe that´s just the Lord just telling me that I have to give just that much more of myself.  It hard, but I know that it is worth it.

     I can´t really think of much more to say, so I guess I´ll just end it off here!  Love you guys, and thanks so much for your support!  Until next time!

     - Elder Stuart

     P.S. Mosiah 5:2

No comments:

Post a Comment