Monday, April 22, 2013

A Special Week!

  Hello Family!  Well, here we are again, on a transfer week!  Good thing is that I`m not going anywhere this change!  Actually, all of us in Chinique, Elder Riera and I, and Elder Cruz and Elder Berrios, are going to stay here for this change, which is really rare..  But we have been working really well together, so I feel like it is a good thing!  I hope that we are going to have the same success that we had this change and then some.  I know that it all depends on the way that we work, so we are going to work hard to bring as many souls unto Christ as we can!

     I`ll start off this week with the highlight of this week:  We had two baptisms on Saturday!  Woo Hoo!  Okay, even though they are technically investigators of Elder Cruz and Elder Berrios, I still feel really happy for them.  The ceremony was so special for me, because it was my first baptism here in Chinique, and really my first in way too long!  It was so great, because they are youth of a family that we are teaching, and the whole family (of about 15 people) came to see them be baptized!  It was so great to see!  The only bad thing about it was that it could have been three...  I`m talking about Jimmy.  Earlier this week we really sat down with Jimmy and asked if he wanted to be baptized, and he said yes!  So we said he could be baptized on this Saturday, but he had plans to go to Quichè and visit his Grandma for the weekend, so we couldn`t do it this week.  But yesterday, we talked to him, and he said that he still wants to be baptized, so we are planning for this Saturday, so wish us luck!

     We had a really powerful spiritual experience this week that I want to share with you guys.  We have an investigator that we met this week named Milset.  Our first lesson with her wasn`t the best, mainly because the first things that she wanted to know were little things about our church, like about coffee, about dancing, and whether girls can wear pants or not...  So yeah, we spent too long talking about that, and at the end, I finally said something along the lines of "We don`t really know every single reason for the commandments that we have, but what we do know is that they are given of God through our Prophets, namely Joseph Smith, so the thing that really matters is whether or not Joseph Smith was a prophet."  She then said that she wanted to know more about Joseph Smith, so we planned to watch a video with her for our next lesson.  The video is "Joseph Smith:  Prophet of the Restoration," which talks about the life of Joseph Smith and what he did.  We went back on Friday to watch it, and I was hoping for something really special to happen.  And it did happen!  We started the video, and from the get go Milset was really interested! She had her 8 year old son watching also, and about half way through he started getting restless, but Milset didn`t let that bother her.  She told him to try and be quiet, and went right back to watching the film.  After it was done, we asked her how she felt about it.  She said that she had met with missionaries before, and they had told her about Joseph Smith, but she kind of just ingored it.  But this time, when she actually got to "see" the life of Joseph Smith, she said that there would be no other reason that he would do all that he did, unless that it was for a reason.  I just felt the Spirit so strong when she was talking, and I started to see in my mind`s eye her entering the waters of baptism.  It made me so happy, and I really gained so much testimony for Joseph Smith, and all that he did.  I really feel good about her now, because she went the very next day to see the baptism that we had!  I have a really good feeling that in about 3 weeks or so, she could be baptized!  But what a powerful experience for me!  (And I really hope that I explained it so you all can understand!)

     One cool thing really quick, we were playing soccer this week (which I am completely awful at compared to all these Latinos...), and I had the coolest goal I have had during the mission!  We were running up on a "fastbreak", because my teammate had the ball, and I was running down the field with him, and there was only one defender.  My teammate passed it to me, but it was a little to hard, and started to head out of bounds.  Now, the field that we are playing on is pretty much and indoor turf field, so there are concrete walls all around the out of bounds.  Anyways, the ball was headed out of bounds, so I ran as fast as I could, and attempted to stop it.  I ran, stopped it with my foot, and ran right into the wall!  I heard everyone gasp, and I was a little dazed, but I didn`t fall down.  I looked for the ball, and it happened to stop right before the out of bounds line, right next to the goal.  Everyone was still shocked about what happened, so I hurried and kicked it in for a goal!  I started to run down the field, but I realized that my left knee was completely bleeding!  Haha I guess after the adreneline left me, I realized that I was in a lot of pain!  BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!  YES!!!  So yeah, reading it again, I think that you had to be there to fully appreciate it, but I hope that you can imagine what it was like!  Haha just thought I`d share it with you guys!

     So yeah, it was a really good week this week, and I feel like the next coming weeks can be just as special.  I know that the Lord is really blessing us out here in Chinique, and I am so grateful for it.  I know that without His help, I would be nothing, but I know that I can accomplish something great with the hands of the Lord helping me out!  I love you all so much, and thank you all for your support!  Until Next Time!

     - Elder Stuart

     P.S.  The scripture:  D+C 135:5  Talks a lot about what Joseph Smith did, and how great of a man he was!

No comments:

Post a Comment