Sunday, April 14, 2013

General Conference Weekend!

     Hello Family!   Well, what a good General Conference weekend that we had!  This one was definitely a lot better than the last one, not because the messages were better or worse, but because I actually understood it this time...  Haha but seriously, I hope that you all had a great weekend, and enjoyed the conferences so much! 

     I just want to talk a little bit about what I learned this weekend during Conference.  First off, what an amazing time for missionaries!  65,634 missionaries in the field, 20,000 or so with their calls waiting to go, and about 6,000 working on filling out their papers...  How incredible is that?!?  What a time to take advantage of the chance that we have to be missionaries.  Even for those who aren`t full time missionaies, I hope that this spirit of excitement is working on everybody!  I really liked Elder Cook`s talk on Satuday afternoon about peace.  What greater feeling can we feel than constant peace from our Savior?  Also, President Uchtdorf`s talk during Priesthood session was incredible.  He talked about titles that we have in the church, and how important they can be to us.  He named "Children of God", "Diciples of Christ," "Healer of Souls," and "Those who inherit all that the Father hath," just to name a few.  Also, President Monson`s talk on Sunday morning about odedience was really good, especially for me in the mission!  I hope that when the Ensign comes out you can all read it and study the talks again!  (And if you could, send me a copy of the Conference Issue of the Ensign!  Thank you!)

     Not only were the talks during conference great, but we were so blessed with how many investigators that came to conference this week!  We had 8!  We had Jimmy, the boy who hopefully will be baptized this week (We are going to make sure tonight!), a new family that we have an appointment with on Tuesday, and a couple of others.  What a blessing for us that we had eight people come to the best Church weekend!  I really hope that they learned something, and it makes them want to learn more!

     Not much else, just an amazing weekend full of General Conference!  Just a couple of things before I close:  I finally got the valetine`s day package this week, so don`t worry, I got it and I am enjoying all my United States junk food!  So it took about a month and a half based on the letter that was inside, so it takes a while, but I did end up getting it.  Also, I`m so glad that you all had a great time in St. George!  I can`t wait until I can come with you guys again!  And lastly, I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!  Thank you all so much for everything that you have given me.  Thank you for you support and you prayers, I can definitely feel them helping me be a better missionary!  I love you all!  Until Next Time!

     - Elder Stuart

     P.S. The scipture this week isn`t really a scripture, but a saying.  I heard it from a letter from James Rudd, and then Elaine S. Dalton said it again during Conference.  It says. "What e`er thou art, act well thy part."  Something to really think about.

     P.P.S.  How about Elder Christofferson quoting Les Mis in his talk!!  Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment