Sunday, December 2, 2012

Just Another Week!

     Hello Family!  Well, turns out I´m a couple of days late, but with reason.  We have a multi zone conference tomorrow (Thursday), so instead of wasting so much time in Momos with having P day on Monday, we are having P day today to not waste so much time.  So don´t worry, I´m still doing great!  This week seemed to go by way fast, even though it has been a little longer than a week since I last wrote.  But since Elder Maldonado is going home next week because he have finished his 2 years, it has kind of felt like we are leaving together..  But nope!  I still have a long time to go!  I haven´t figured out yet exactly, but I should be staying in Pancá for another change or so, to help my new companion know the area!  I should have a new companion next week, so that should be fun!  It will definitely be a lot different though, because I have gotten so used to working with Elder Maldonado.  But changes are always good, and I am ready for it!

     At the beginning of this week, we worked a lot with the less active members in our ward.  There are a lot here, because about half the time, when people are baptized here, they attend church for a little bit, but then stop going for some reason.  It really is sad that they give up that easily, but that´s why we are here!  So we have been helping them and trying to get them to come back to church.  We really have been focusing on less actives this week too, because Investigators are hard to come by.  We have this one family, but the Dad had to travel to Guatemala City this week, so we couldn´t visit him at all.  He really is our only progressing investigator.  I really hope that things will work out for him though!

     The way things have worked out this week and next week, Elder maldonado will only be in Pancá for a couple more days before he goes home!  So we have been trying to visit every family that we know so we can say goodbye (Well, really only him, because I´ll still be here!)  But that has meant a lot of walking and hiking, and because of that, this week was a little tiring!  But it was definitely worth it, because the families here are so nice and inviting!  I love it here, and I´m so glad that I had the opportunity to start in Pancá!  

     This week is going to be pretty boring, because I won´t be in Pancá that much becuase of our conferences and changes coming up, but things will be different after that, so I have to be ready for anything!  But these first 3 months of the mission have been absolutely amazing.  It has been everything that I have hoped for and more!  I hope that it will continue!

     I just want to let you all know that I love this work so much.  I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve my Lord.  I love it when I see the gospel touching the lives of these humble people here in Guatemala.  It really makes me appreciate everything that I have at home, and I want to just share all my happiness with everyone here!  I know that Jesus Christ, our Savior, Redeemer, and Brother lives, and loves each and every one of us.  I love you guys so much, and love hearing from you every week!  Until Next Time!

     - Elder Stuart

Alma 48:17.  Capitan Moroni is one of my favorite people in the BoM!

No comments:

Post a Comment