Monday, December 31, 2012

Just Another Week

     Hello Family!  Well, yet another week has come and gone, and we are already at the next week!  It seems like these weeks are going by so fast, I can hardly believe it!  I have already been out on the mission for 5 months!  It does not seem that long, so I have to make the best of it before all my time is up!  Elder Mar and I have been working hard this week, which is nice, because we are both willing to work hard, which makes it really nice!

     This week, we have gone with a lot of people and contacted a lot of people, so we have a lot of new people that we can go with!  However, our main focus has been on our investigators that we have had for a while now.  There is one family that we are really trying to focus on, but the dad, Cruz, always is working, and whenever we try to call him, he says that he is busy, but we can come another time. We went one of those times that he told us we could come, but turns out that he wasn`t there, so that really sucked..  But he seems like he really wants to know more about our church, so I don`t really know what to think about him..  We will keep working hard though!  
 
     Although this week was a little rough with our investigators, we have had a lot of success with our less active members, and the members that are active.  With the less actives, we are really trying to get them to come to church again, so we try to visit everyone at least twice a week with a scripture to help build their faith.  This week felt like we really helped a lot of people know more about the church.  The thing about Pancà is, the members here are really willing to be strong and faithful, but that doesn`t mean that they know a lot.  So we always try to go with them and help them out and answer their questions that they have for us.  So even though that we havent had as much success with our investigators as I had hoped, we still have had a lot of success with members, keeping them stong in the gospel and making sure that they will stay strong their whole lives.

     I have had an amazing discovery this week.  So I was reading in  "Our Seach for Happiness" which is a book by M. Russell Ballard, and he was talking about all the spiritual gifts that we as Latter Day Saints can recieve.  I stopped when I came to the Gift of Tongues, because he talked a lot about the missionaries, and how they have to work hard to recieve this gift.  I stopped and thought to myself that I was experiencing this gift firsthand!  When I was companions with Elder Maldonado, he took most of the conversation, and I only spoke when it was my "turn."  But now, with Elder Mar, I find myself taking the lead in most of our conversations, and when I am done, I look back and realize that I just had a complete conversation in Spanish, without having to think too much about it!  So when I read that, I realized that I was receiving this gift, so I got down on my knees and thanked my Lord for this gift.  It really has helped me be the missionary that I want to be.  I know that I have to keep working, but I am starting to see the blessings of working hard.  That really was such an amazing experience!

     Well, not much else to say.  Christmas is coming soon, and I can`t wait to talk to you all!  That will be the greatest gift that I will get this Christmas, I know it!  Keep having fun and having the holiday spirit!  I love you all, and thank you all for your support!  Two scriptures this week:  3 Nephi 13:33, and D+C 88:40.  Until Next Time!

     - Elder Stuart

     P.S. Apparently the end of the world is this wednesday, so...  Haha just kidding, I`ll talk to you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment