Sunday, August 4, 2013

An Awesome Week!


     Hello Family!  Sounds like everyone had exciting weeks, so I´m happy to put my name on the list also!  It´s been a great week for us, and I´m super stoked for the weeks ahead here in Chinique!

     First off, the Muñoz family.  They are so awesome, I´m so proud of them!  They are already talking like they are members!  So we had a tentative baptismal date with them for the 27th (which would have been cool for being Jace´s birthday), but they were a little hesitant.  So we pulled out a calendar and looked at dates to be baptized.  We said that the 27th was this Saturday, so then we looked at the next coming Saturdays.  We said something about the 3rd, and Henry, the one who was the most hesitant, said that he´d be baptized on that date...  I was stunned!  Haha but it was a good thing!  Amary said that she was good for the 3rd also, so then Angelica just said "If my kids are willing, I´ll do it on that date also."  How cool is that?  It has been so cool to see them grow and progress!  So they are ready for this Saturday!  I´m so stoked!

     We found an awesome little family this week.  A young couple with a 2 year old girl.  We knocked on their door, and they let us come back the next day to talk to them.  The wife has many family members that are members, and the husband has listened to missionaries before.  The cool thing was that they were really excited to listen to our message!  They were participating and everything, it was a really great lesson!  

     We´ve also experienced many blessings this weeks with our other investigators.  Many have been making progress, and others are working on the steps to be progressing.  It has been so great to see, and I love it!

     I don´t know why, but I´ve found yet another new love for the work.  Even though there are many people that reject us, the few that accept to listen to us, and the even fewer that are baptized really make up for all of it.  I guess by really struggling for a couple of months has really put it into perspective for me.  I only have this short time to be a missionary, and there is not going to be another time in my life that is the same.  That´s why I love it!

     Something really cool that my good friend Elder Cappellucci said this week that I really liked: "You can´t share a 3 week testimony."  You can´t really study the scriptures and pray really hard for a day, and then slack off for the rest of the week.  It doesn´t work like that.  It is continual work to be the best that you can be.

     We have really been focusing on members helping us out this week.  I don´t know why, but Chinique is one of the roughest areas in the mission to work with members.  So everyone at home, go watch the broadcast "Hastening the Work of Salvation," and find something that you can do to help out the missionaries at home!

     There are just times when I am walking down the road and just think to myself, "Wow, I really am in Guatemala."  It´s crazy ya know!

     I´m loving the Nashville Tribute Band´s CD "The Work."  If you haven´t listened to the songs, and I mean really listening to them, do it now!

     Well, that´s just about it for this week!  I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be here, and I love it!  I also love each and every one of you so much!  Thank you all for your support.  Until Next Time!

     - Elder Stuart

     P.S. I´m gonna send you guys a quote from Joseph Smith.  It´s from the "Wentworth Letter," the letter that Joseph Smith wrote that contained the first appearance of the Articles of Faith.  Here it is: "The standard of truth has been erected;  No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing;  Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear;  TIll the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment