Sunday, March 31, 2013

Just Another Week in Guatemala!

   Hello Family!   Here we are, just another week passing by!  Crazy to think how much time has passed!  But I`m hoping that it will slow down a bit, because I want to make the best of my short time here!  It is so weird, because with 8 months in the mission, I should feel a little old, but I still feel so new!  I feel like I am still starting out, but my time is going fast!  So let`s just make the best of it!
    
     We had just another regular week here in Chinique, just the regular missionary stuff going on!  Not really anything really exciting, but hey, I have the chance to teach the gospel to everyone here, so I guess that alone is exciting!  We have some investigators that are progressing and everything, but the hardest thing for us is to get people to come to church.  In an interview with President Bautista a while back, he said that one of the most important stats for us is investigators coming to church.  Becuase once that they make that commitment, we can work on everything else.  For instance, we have this one family, Miguel and Stefany with their son Jimmy, who are really positive when we teach them, but when it comes to attending church, there is always something that comes up.  So what I am hoping for is that once they start to gain a testimony about the truthfulness of the gospel, they will want to come to church on their own!  So we are gonig to work hard for that!

     Something really crazy really fast;  So it isn`t 100% sure yet, but the Coban mission will be taking parts of nearby missions to even everything out, and one of the most probable zones to leave this mission and go to Cobàn is Quichè!  So the zone I am in right now could probably be a zone that Jeffrey could work in!  How crazy is that??  And even crazier, there will be some missionaries that leave this mission to go to Coban...  So there is a chance that me and Jeffrey could be in the same mission!  I guess we will find out more about that later!  

     Another thing that I am hoping to complete before the end of my mission:  I am going to try and read my entire set of scriptures (the quad) by the end of my mission.  It is going to take some time, because the bulk of our study is focusing on our investigators, but with any free time that I have, I am going to read all the scriptures that I own!  Wish me luck!!

     Not much else, hopefully there will be more to report on next week!  We have made some really good goals for this coming week, so I`m thinking that this week will be the best week yet in Chinique!  As always, thank you all so much for your support, and I love you all!  Until Next Time!

     - Elder Stuart

 This week is Galatians 5: 22-23.  We use this a lot when we explain how the Holy Ghost works, and it really is a great scripture!  And I, being a complete idiot, forgot my camera cable at home, so expect double photos next week!  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment