Sunday, March 17, 2013

Start of a New Area

      Hello Family!  What a week, that`s really all I can say!  My first mission transfer in the field, and I survived!  Haha but really, it has been a pretty interesting week trying to get to know a new area with new companions and new members, but I`ve been working to get to know where I am in the world!  And it has turned out to be a pretty good week!

     So, first things first, my new area is called Chinique!  It is in the Zone Quichè, and you can actually find this city on the map! (Just for you Dad!)  It is a little village/town place, with a population of about 800 people.  Not gonna lie, I was afraid of being sent to a big city, because I love working in the small cities and the Aldeas (like Pancà), but Chinique is just perfect for me!  And my new companion is named Elder Riera, from Honduras.  Also, we split the city with two other elders, Elder Cruz and Elder Berrios.  Not gonna lie, my first couple days in Chinique were a little rough, but I was expecting it to be like that, because it was my first transfer!  I didn`t really know where I was.  But now I kind of have a feeling of where people live and what we can do, so I can help out now!  

     The missionary work here in a city-type place is a lot different than Pancà ever was.  In Pancà, I think that I knocked a total of about 5 doors in 6 months.  (Probably because they don`t really have doors... haha)  But here in Chinique, we only have two active member families that live in the city, so we spend a lot of time knocking doors.  And it has turned out to go pretty well!  I am learning a lot about how to work in the city now, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to learn so much here!  There actually is an aldea right to the north of us that we go and visit about twice a month, so when we visit it, I will be sure to let you know how it goes!

     We have also been super blessed with the success that we are having!  When I got here, we didn`t have anyone with baptismal dates, and as of now, we have two baptismal dates for the 23 of March!  And one of them was with a lady that we found my first day here!  How awesome is that?!?  So the work is going forward like none other, and it makes me realize now more than ever that I love this work!!!!!  I am so proud to be a missionary!

     So a pretty fun-filled week for me and for you guys also, from what I hear in your emails!  Glad to hear that you are all having a blast, and thank you so much again for writing me every week!  I love you all!!!  Until Next Time!  

    - Elder Stuart

     P.S.  The scripture for this week is Mosiah 16:9.  Jesus Christ is our light, and we are so blessed to have him in our life.  I choose this one, but I actually was reading all of what Abinadi taught.  So if you have extra time, read from Mosiah 11 until Mosiah 17.  (Abinadi is such a boss!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment