Monday, March 11, 2013

The Close of an Era

   Hello Family!  Well, as you can see from my title this week, it is now my time to have changes!  I`m leaving Pancà!  Well, I actually left it already, because I am going to stay in Momos for the night, but you get my point.  After being in Pancà for just about 6 months of my life, it is time for me to go!  Not gonna lie, I am a little nervous about changes, seeing as I have been in Pancà my whole time in the mission field, but I know that I can trust in the Lord, and that he has chosen a place for me to go.  So we will see how it goes!

      This week has been a little sad for me!  Every time we went and visited a member family this week, or just anyone that I have gotten close to these past six months, I had to tell them that I wouldn`t be here anymore.  It made me realize what an impact those that I have taught have had on me.  Especially one of my recent convert families.  It was the family that can only speak Quiche, so when I told them I was leaving, they didn`t understand as well at first, but when they realized what I had said, they looked so sad!  It was sad to see them for the last time, but I was so grateful for the opportunity I had to get to know them and the opportunity I had to bring them to the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  What an experience!  

     Oh, by the way, Elder Mar is going to train in Pancà!  I hope that I taught him enough about what I know that he will be a good trainer for a new missionary!  

     I want to share a way cool story that happened to us this week.  So we have been visiting this family who everyone but the dad are recent converts of the missionaries before me.  But, as it turned out, when I got here all but a 20 year old girl had gone less active, so I have been working with them to bring them back to church.  Usually when I went there, the dad would always leave, or say that he had something else to do, so he wouldn`t listen to us.  But about 2 weeks ago, he stayed in the room with us, and listened to our message!  I was super stoked when he stayed in the room.  So the next week, we planned an activity to do with them to unite them as a family, and hopefully get them all to come to church, even the dad.  So we did the activity with the whole family, and during the lesson, the dad told us that the reason he is listening to us now is that he has seen the blessings of the church in his family, and he wants to help his family the best he can.  I think that he came to realize that the gospel of Jesus Christ really is the best thing for that!  So we have been focusing on him a lot this past week, and I really think that he will accept the gospel later on!

     A really funny thing real quick.  Elder Mar had to go down to Xela on Friday for a trainers meeting, but the problem was that there wasn`t a truck that was going to pass by for sure Friday morning.  So we were sitting in our house Thrusday night, wondering what we should do, when the thought came to mind that we could walk to Momos..  I mentioned it to Elder Mar, just being funny, but with a hint of seriousness.  Well, one thing led to another, and on Friday morning, we woke up at 4:30 in the morning and walked to Momos!!  In 2 hours and 50 minutes we got to Momos!  It was a blast!  Now I will always be able to say that I walked from Pancà to Momos!  It is a good thing that we did too, because we probably wouldn`t have got to Xela on time!  But I am so stoked to always be able to say that I walked that!  Crazy, I know, but a blast!

     I don`t know, just looking back on this week, it really made me think about how incredible my time in Pancà has been.  I have seen the attendence in Pancà go from about 65 people when I got here to arrive at 105 this past week.  Like Dad has always said to me, he can`t even find Pancà on the map!  And yet there are people who are willing to walk all that way to get to church and receive those blessings that come with it.  I have always been blessed to live no further than 5 minutes away from a chapel, and yet there are people that walk more than 2 hours to get to their chapel.  It just shows that the determination of the members here is simply put, incredible.  I really am going to miss Pancà!

     Well, tomorrow I should find our where I am going for my next area!  I will be sure to let you all know where I am next week!  But until then, take care!  Thank you always for your support, and know that I love each and every one of you!  Until Next Time!

     - Elder Stuart

     P.S. The scripture for this week is Alma 26:1-3  A really good missionary scripture, and I really like the question at the end of verse two:  Can ye tell?  Can we tell the blessings of the Lord in our lives?  If not, we should look harder, because they are always with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment