Sunday, May 19, 2013

Great Mother's Day Weekend!

    Hello Family!  Well, here we are talking again since yesterday!  Although it isn`t the same, we will just have to wait until Christmas for that again!  But for now, here is just a regular email for you all!  But seriously, I can`t tell you how awesome it was to see you guys and to be able to talk to you guys!  I love you guys so much, and it really meant a lot to me that you talked to me the whole time!  You really made me excited about this work all over again, and now I just want to work really hard!  Thank you for that!

     (Now, I`ve basically told you all that has happened to me, but I`ll just put it in writing for you guys!)

     So first things first, something really cool that happened this week.  It was an amazing experience!  We have been teaching a man that owns a little store for a while now, but he hasn`t been progressing, and he doesn`t seem too interested, so we were thinking about dropping him.  But we decided to go one last time to see him, and good thing we did!  We were introducing the BoM, but he didn`t want anything to do with it.  We were going to leave, but a man who was in the store, listening to us, stopped us from leaving and wanted to know more about the BoM.  We were shocked, but we recovered to be able to say that of course we could tell him more!  We have been teaching him ever since, and he even came to chruch this Sunday!  Miracles do exist, but we need to put in the work to be able to be in the right place!

     We celebrated Mother`s Day on Saturday with the whole Brach, which was way fun!  The Elder`s Quorum made a huge lunch for all the mom`s so that they could enjoy a day off, and still have a good meal!  And it was a REALLY good meal that we made!  (I should have taken a picture of the final result...  Dang it!  Haha)  Afterwards, we had all the mom`s play games with us, like musical chairs, races, and stuff like that!  And no mom was excluded!  We had the newest mom racing along the 80 year old mom, and it was awesome!  We even had some investigators that came!  But, who wouldn`t want a free lunch and to play some games?!?  A successful day for us! 

     Remember the man I told you about whose wife died last week?  We have been working really hard with him, becuase he is really struggling.  He hasn`t come to church for the past two weeks, which really worries me.  I keep thinking about a phrase that I heard in General Conference.  (But I can`t remember which one... I think it was Elder Andersen that said it)  He said: "During a hard time, the last thing you should do is leave the protection of the church.  It`s like leaving the storm cellar as a tornado is approaching!"  (Or something like that..)  That is really good advice, and I hope that you all remember that saying!

     Not much else...  We are working really hard to have our investigators come to church, which is one of the most important things for them.  Because if they come to church, that shows that they are willing to make commitments, and that they will progress.  I never really realized before my mission how important our meetings are, but now I really do!  This is one of the biggest reasons why I love being a missionary, because I am really appreciating a lot more of my life back home!  

     I need to thank you guys again for talking to me yesterday!  I really love this work, and although I am away from you guys, I know that I am doing the right thing!  This is the most important thing that I could be doing with my life right now, and I love it!  I it so amazing to see people change for the better, and even more amazing to know that I was a part of helping them!  There is a lot of hard work in being a missionary, but the satisfaction that comes from it is DEFINITELY worth it!  I`m so grateful for the chance I have to be here!

     So yeah, just another week passing by!  I hope that you will all have a good week this week!  I know that I will, so I hope that you guys have one too!  Love you all so much, and thank you always for your support!  Love you all!   Until Next Time!

     - Elder Stuart

     P.S.  The scripture for this week is Alma 10:11  (I like substituting where he talks about Alma for the gospel.)  It talks a lot about family, and  I really am grateful for my family!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment