Monday, May 27, 2013

Time is Flying

     Hello Family!  Wow, just seems like the time is flying by!  I guess that´s what happens when you are on a mission!  I really can´t say the same thing about you guys, because I don´t know how it is, but I hope that you are all having a great time!  

     Well, we had quite the week here in Chinique, basically full of illness and caring for one another.  So on Sunday, remember how I told you guys that Elder Cruz had Chicken Pox?  Well, that continued until Thursday, so he couldn´t leave his house until then!  That left Elder Riera and I having to go run and get his medicine, because Elder Berrios couldn´t leave either (because they are comps...)  So we had to take care of Elder Cruz until he wasn´t contaigous anymore.  So we didn´t get to work as much as I had hoped...  

     But then Thursday came around, and Elder Cruz could finally leave!  So Elder Riera and I celebrated by going to Paquinak, which is a place about 1 1/2 hours walking!  But, that is where the majority of our members live, and they told us they wanted to visit with someone!  So we went up there to check it out.  We found Julio, who is a 16 year old young man who has been coming to the activities with the other youth.  We went up there to teach him a lesson, and he seemed really excited to hear from us!  He has some doubts about praying, so we really focused on that, and how much of a blessing it is for us to pray.  It was a really good lesson, and I´m hoping that he will continue to progress!

     Then the bad news came again on Friday.  Elder Riera woke up with an intense pain in his back, and he could hardly walk.  He called the nurses of our mission, and they advised him that he should probably take a break for today...  Great..  So I was in the house taking care of Elder Riera all day, studying and more than anything wanting to get outside.  He got a little better on Saturday, so we left to work, but then his back acted up again, so we had to retire to the house early...  So this week I was basically stuck inside when I wanted to get out working.

     We do have a bright light though!  Remember Alejandro that I told you about last week?  We have been visiting him a lot recently, and he really wants to get baptized.  The only problem is, he has some problems with the BoM, and is struggling to gain a testimony.  So we are hoping that he can start up his own testimony, get baptized, and then continue to build his testimony throughout time...  But that´s not all!  His brother, Miguel, talked to us during the last lesson we had, and he mentioned that he had been reading the BoM recently from missionaries that gave it to him about a year ago!  How cool is that?  He is all the way in Alma, and has been reading a lot!  That just goes to show that even a little seed that missionaries put about a year ago can have an effect on us today!  So we are really hoping to work with them a lot in the coming days!

     We still had some good points this week, but I feel like they could have been more...  Maybe I am just expecting too much of me, but I want to be the best missionary that I can be!  This week was a little rough, but now we are all feeling better, and ready to work this week!

     I love you all so so much!  Remember that this is a Gospel of happiness, and there is nothing that should stop us from reaching our goals!  This church is true, I know it!  Thank you all for your support, and love you all!  Until Next Time!

     - Elder Stuart

     P.S. Alma 7:15  A great baptism scripture!

No comments:

Post a Comment